To get your drivers license, you’ll need to bring the following documentation to the DMV:
- Proof of name and date of birth
- Proof of identity
- Proof of citizenship or legal status in the U.S.
- Proof of Wisconsin residency
- Your Social Security Number
- Proof of name change (if applicable)
You must then pass a driving exam with the DMV.
If you are under the age of 18, you must also complete the following requirements:
- 6 hours of behind the wheel driving with a licensed driving instructor
- 6 hours of driving observation with a licensed driving instructor
- 50 hours of practice with a guardian or approved parent sponsor
- Submit a parent waiver (if applicable)